Excursion destinations in Pinzgau and in the Salzburg region
Wild nature and diverse culture.
Lakes, mountains, forests, ravines, gorges and caves shape the cultural landscape of the Pinzgau and Salzburg regions. Numerous excursion destinations convey their vivid impression of the biodiversity and the scenic attractions that can be found in our region and furthermore, make your stay even more diversified. The following attractions and excursion destinations must be part of your summer holidays in Saalbach-Hinterglemm:
- Eisriesenwelt cave in Werfen
- Hohenwerfen Fortress with daily shows of birds of prey
- The unique glacier world on Kitzsteinhorn
- High altitude reservoirs in Kaprun
- Sinne adventure park in Leogang
- Salt mines in Hallein
- Numerous caves and gorges in the region such as the Sigmund-Thun gorge, Kitzloch gorge, Vorderkaser gorge, Seisenberg gorge, Lamprechtshöhle, Liechtensteinklamm
- A day trip in the festival and Mozart town Salzburg
- A boat trip on the idyllic Lake Zell
- Or why don’t you switch federal states - Tirol is just a stone’s throw away
Just ask us if you have any questions on the different excursion destinations! The Hotel Sonnberg team will be pleased to advise you!